Mechanics vs. Energy/Environment related Materials and Systems
- Yueting Sun, Jun Xu^, Yibing Li, Xiaoqing Xu, Cheng Liu and Xi Chen, Mechanism of Water Infiltration and Defiltration Through ZSM-5 Zeolite: Heating and Sodium Chloride Concentration Effect. Journal of Nanomaterials, 2013, 2013: 249369.
- Baoxing Xu^ and Xi Chen*, Electrical-driven Transport of Endohedral Fullerene Encapsulating a Single Water Molecule. Physical Review Letters, 2013, 110: 156103. Editor’s suggestion; also highlighted on APS website.
- Joel Goldman^, Chun-Yang Yin^ and Xi Chen*, Increased concrete permeability via controlled hydraulic fatigue technique. Journal of Multifunctional Composites, in press.
- Jianfeng Ju^, Xi Chen, Yijun Shi and Donghui Wu, A novel TiO2 nanofiber supported PdAg catalyst for methanol electro-oxidation, Energy, 2013, 59: 478-483.
- Jianfeng Ju^, Xi Chen, Yijun Shi and Donghui Wu, A novel PdAg/TiO2 nanotube electrocatalyst for methanol electro-oxidation, Fuel, 2013, 108: 850-854.
- Jianfeng Ju^, Xi Chen, Yijun Shi, Miao Jianwen and Donghui Wu, Hydrothermal preparation and photocatalytic performance of N, S-doped nanometer TiO2 under sunshine irradiation, Powder Technology, 2013, 237: 616-622.
- Jianfeng Ju^, Xi Chen, Yijun Shi, and Donghui Wu, Investigation of PdSn nanometals alloy supported on spherical TiO2 for methanol electro-oxidation, Powder Technology, 2013, 241: 1-6.
- Ling Liu^ and Xi Chen, Fast Ionic Transport in Nanoporous Y-Zeolite: Implications for Phase Separation, ChemPhysChem, cover article, 2013, 14: 2413-2418.
- Yueting Sun, Jun Xu^, Yibing Li, Bohan Liu, Yan Wang, Cheng Liu, Xi Chen*, Experimental Study on Energy Dissipation Characteristics of ZSM-5 Zeolite/Water System, Advanced Engineering Materials, 2013, 15: 740-746.
- Jun Xu^, Yibing Li, Yong Xiang, Xi Chen*, A Super Energy Mitigation Nanostructure at High Impact Speed Based on Buckyball System. PLOS One, 2013, 8: e64697.
- Yilun Liu^ and Xi Chen*, High permeability and salt rejection reverse osmosis by zeolite nano-membrane, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2013, 15: 6817 - 6824.
- S. Kadir, Chunyang Yin^, M. Sulaiman, Xi Chen, M. El-Harbawi, Incineration of municipal solid waste in Malaysia: Salient issues, policies and waste-to-energy initiatives. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2013, 24: 181-186.
- Jun Xu^, Yibing Li, Yong Xiang, Xi Chen*, Energy Absorption Ability of Buckyball C720 at Low Impact Speed: A Numerical Study based on Molecular Dynamics. Nanoscale Research Letters, 2013, 8: 1-10.
- Ling Liu^, Yu Qiao, Hyuck Lim, Weiyi Lu, and Xi Chen, Mechanical-to-Electric Energy Conversion with Flowing Nanoconfined Electrolytes, Applied Physics Express, 2013, 6: 015202.
- Baoxing Xu^ and Xi Chen*, Liquid Flow-Induced Energy Harvesting in Nanopores: A Molecular Dynamics Study. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2013, 15: 1164-1168.
- Hyuck Lim, Weiyi Lu, Xi Chen and Yu Qiao, Effects of ion concentration on thermally-chargeable double-layer supercapacitors. Nanotechnology, 2013, 24: 465401.
- Weiyi Lu, T. Kim, C. Zhao, Xi Chen and Yu Qiao, Modified Infiltration of Solvated Ions and Ionic Liquid in a Nanoporous Carbon. Applied Physics A, 2013, 112: 885-889.
- Na Li^, Yafei Zhang, Dejuan Kong, Qulan Zhou^, Xi Chen*, and Shien Hui, Fluid Particle Group Reaction Model and Experimental Verification, Advanced Powder Technology, 2013, 24: 200-206.
- Junfeng Xiao^ and Xi Chen*, Buckling morphology of an elastic beam between two parallel lateral constraints: implication for a snake crawling between walls. Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 2013, 10: 20130399.
- Liangliang Zhu and Xi Chen*, Mechanical Analysis of Eyelid Morphology. Acta Biomaterialia, 2013, 9: 7968-7976.
- Jiazhong Wu and Xi Chen*, Buckling Patterns of Conical Thin Film/Substrate Systems. Journal of Physics D, 2013, 46: 155306.
- Bin Chen^, Z. L. Zhang, Xi Chen, Q. Yuan and D. G. Yin, Parallel Micro/Nano-Structure of a Cheek Tooth, Rare Metal Materials and Engineering, 2013, 42: 859-862.
- Bin Chen^, Z. L. Zhang, Xi Chen, Q. Yuan and D. G. Yin, Fiber rounding hole microstructure of bone and biomimetic research, Rare Metal Materials and Engineering, 2013, 42: 638-641.
- Bin Chen^, Dagang Yin, Xi Chen, Quan Yuan and Zhiliang Zhang, Nanostructural mechanism of toughness of crab carapace, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 2013, 10: 1436-1440.
- Bin Chen^, D. G. Yin, J. H. Fan, Xi Chen, Q. Yuan, and Z. L. Zhang, Fibre helicoidally rounding hole of tumblebug’s elytra and extrusion strength of biomimetic composite, Materials Research Innovations, 2013, 17: 17-21.
Nanoindentation and Impact/Contact Mechanics
- Xiangjun Jiang, Yongsheng Zhu, Jun Hong, Youyun Zhang and Xi Chen, Investigation into the loosening mechanism of bolt in curvic coupling subjected to transverse loading. Engineering Failure Analysis, 2013, 32: 360-373.
- Jun Xu^, Yueting Sun, Binglei Wang^, Yibing Li, Yong Xiang and Xi Chen*, Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Impact Response of Buckyballs, Mechanics Research Communication, 2013, 49: 8-12.
- Akio Yonezu, Hirotaka Akimoto, Shoichi Fujisawa and Xi Chen, Spherical indentation method for measuring local mechanical properties of welded stainless steel at high temperature. Materials and Design, 2013, 52: 812-820.
- Akio Yonezu, Masanori Tanaka, Ryota Kusano and Xi Chen*, Probing out-of-plane anisotropic plasticity using spherical indentation. Computational Materials Science, 2013, 79: 336-344.
- Akio Yonezu, Ryota Kusano and Xi Chen*, On the Mechanism of Intergranular Stress Corrosion Cracking of Sensitized Stainless Steel in Tetrathionate Solution. Journal of Materials Science, 2013, 48: 2447-2453.
- Akio Yonezu, Michihiro Niwa, Jiping Ye and Xi Chen*, Contact Fracture Mechanism of Electroplated Ni-P Coating upon Stainless Steel Substrate. Materials Science and Engineering A, 2013, 563: 184-192.
- Hiroyuki Yamada, Nagahisa Ogasawara^, Yoko Shimizu, Keitaro Horikawa, Hidetoshi Kobayashi and Xi Chen, Effect of High Strain Rate on Indentation in Pure Aluminum, Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, 2013: 135: 021010.
- Xi Chen*, George Z. Voyiadjis. Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, 2013, 135: 020201.
- Xi Chen* eds, Special issue to honor George Z. Voyiadjis on the occasion of his 65th birthday, Journal of Materials Engineering and Technology, 2013.
- Vikas Kumar, Xi Chen eds, Special issue to honor George Z. Voyiadjis, International Journal of Plasticity, 2013.