Mechanics vs. Energy/Environment related Materials and Systems
- Xiaoyang Shi^, Hang Xiao^, Xi Chen*, Klaus S. Lackner, The Effect of Moisture on the Hydrolysis of Basic Salts. Chemistry- A European Journal, 2016, 22: 18326-18330.
- Xiaoyang Shi^, Hang Xiao^, Klaus S. Lackner, Xi Chen*, Capture CO2 from Ambient Air Using Nanoconfined Ion Hydration. Angewandte Chemie, 2016, 55: 4026-4029. Featured as headline news in Columbia Engineering, and also in Science Daily, and Physics.
- Yayun Zhang^, Feng Hao^, Hang Xiao^, Chao Liu, Xiaoyang Shi^ and Xi Chen*, Hydrogen separation by porous phosphorene: A periodical DFT study. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2016, 41: 23067-23074.
- Huanxuan Li^, Jinquan Wan, Yongwen Ma, Yan Wang, Xi Chen, Zeyu Guan, Degradation of refractory dibutyl phthalate by peroxymonosulfate activated with novel catalysts cobalt metal-organic frameworks: Mechanism, performance, and stability, Journal of hazardous materials, 2016, 318: 154-163.
- J. Luo, C. Y. Dai, Z. Wang, K. Liu, Weiguo Mao^, Daining Fang and Xi Chen, In-situ measurements of mechanical and volume change of LiCoO2 lithium-ion batteries during repeated charge–discharge cycling by using digital image correlation. Measurement, 2016, 94: 759-770.
- Li Yuan^, Wei Zhi, Yangsheng Liu, Elizabeth Smiley, Daniel Gallagher, Xi Chen, Andrea Dietrich, Husen Zhang, Degradation of cis- and trans-(4-methylcyclohexyl)methanol in activated sludge: kinetics, transformation, and implications for in-situ bioremediation. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2016, 306: 247-256.
- Li Yuan^, Wei Zhi, Yangsheng Liu, Elizabeth Smiley, Daniel Gallagher, Xi Chen, Andrea Dietrich, Husen Zhang, Aerobic and anaerobic microbial degradation of crude (4-methylcyclohexyl)methanol in river sediments. Science of the Total Environment, 2016, 547: 78-86.
- Rui Luo^, Na Li^, Yafei Zhang^, Duanyang Wang, Taisheng Liu, Qulan Zhou^ and Xi Chen, Effect of the adjustable inner secondary air-flaring angle of swirl burner on coal-opposed combustion. ASCE Journal of Energy Engineering, 2016, 142: 04015018.
- Yayun Zhang^, Chao Liu and Xi Chen*, Mechanism of glucose conversion in supercritical water by DFT study. Journal of analytical and applied pyrolysis, 2016, 119: 199-207.
- Shouichi Iio, Akio Yonezu, Hiroshi Yamamura and Xi Chen*, Deformation modeling of polyvinylidenedifluoride (PVDF) hollow fiber membrane for water filtration. Journal of Membrane Science, 2016, 497: 421-429.
- Liying Liu^, Xiangzhao Fu, and Xi Chen*, The transpiration and moisture absorption characteristics of officusmicrocarpa (L.) aerial roots in the south of China. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 2016, 48: 1473-1479.
- Pengfei Yang^, Chen Zhang^, Fei Dang^, Yuan Yan^, Yilun Liu^, and Xi Chen*, Abrupt out-of-plane edge folding of a circular thin plate: Implication for a mature Victoria regia leaf. The European Physical Journal E, 2016, 39: 1-11.
- Zhe Yang^, Liangliang Zhu^, Botong Li^, Shuocheng Sun^, Youlong Chen^, Yuan Yan^, Yilun Liu^ and Xi Chen*, Mechanical design and analysis of a crawling locomotion enabled by a laminated beam. Extreme Mechanics Letters, 2016, 8: 88-95.
- Liangliang Zhu^, Jiazhong Wu^, Ling Liu^, Yilun Liu^, Yuan Yan^, Qiang Cui, and Xi Chen*, Gating mechanism of mechanosensitive channel of large conductance: a coupled continuum mechanical-continuum solvation approach. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 2016, 15: 1557-1576.
Nanoindentation and Impact/Contact Mechanics
- Wenfeng Zhu^, X. H. Jiang, Xi Chen, P. J. Lin, Automotive window seal design considering external aerodynamic load and surrogate constraint modeling, International Journal of Automotive Technology, 2016, 17: 853-864.
- Sina Amiri^, Xi Chen, Andrea Manes, Marco Giglio, Investigation of the mechanical behaviour of lithium-ion batteries by an indentation technique. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 2016, 105: 1-10.
- Feng Hao^ and Xi Chen*, First-principles study of the defected phosphorene under tensile strain. Journal of Applied Physics, 2016, 120: 165104.
- Weiguo Mao^, J. Chen, M. S. Si, R. F. Zhang, Q. S. Ma, Daining Fang and Xi Chen, High temperature digital image correlation evaluation of in-situ failure mechanism: An experimental framework with application to C/SiC composites. Materials Science and Engineering A, 2016, 665: 26-34.
- Fei Wang, Haoran Gong, Xi Chen, Changqing Chen, Folding to Curved Surfaces: A Generalized Design Method and Mechanics of Origami-based Cylindrical Structures. Scientific Reports, 2016, 6: 33312.
- Shouichi Iio, Kazuki Hasegawa, Shugo Fushimi, Akio Yonezu, Xi Chen*, On compressive deformation behavior of hollow-strut cellular materials. Materials and Design, 2016, 105: 1-8.
- Yayun Zhang^, Feng Hao^, Chao Liu, and Xi Chen*, Band gap and oxygen vacancy diffusion of anatase (101) surface: the effect of strain. Theoretical Chemistry Accounts, 2016, 135: 171.
- Xiangbiao Liao^, Feng Hao^, Hang Xiao^, and Xi Chen*, Effects of intrinsic strain on the structural stability and mechanical properties of phosphorene nanotubes. Nanotechnology, 2016: 27, 215701.
- Youlong Chen^, Yilun Liu^, Yuan Yan^, Yong Zhu and Xi Chen*, Helical Coil Buckling Mechanism for a Stiff Nanowire on an Elastomeric Substrate. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 2016, 95: 25-43.
- Youlong Chen^, Yong Zhu, Xi Chen* and Yilun Liu^, Mechanism of the transition from in-plane buckling to helical buckling for a stiff nanowire on an elastomeric substrate. Journal of Applied Mechanics, 2016, 2016, 83: 041011.
- Anqing Li^, Shengjie Zhou, Qi Lu and Xi Chen, A flexoelectric theory with rotation gradient effects for elastic dielectrics. Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, 2016, 24: 015009.
- Feng Hao^, Xiangbiao Liao^, Hang Xiao^, Xi Chen*, Thermal conductivity of armchair black phosphorus nanotubes: a molecular dynamics study. Nanotechnology, 2016, 27: 155703.
- Yousuke Watanabe, Shoichi Fujisawa, Akio Yonezu and Xi Chen*, Quantitative evaluation of adhesion quality of surface coating by using pulse laser-induced ultrasonic waves. Surface & Coatings Technology, 2016, 286: 231-238.
- Akio Yonezu, Keita Hirayama, Hiroshi Kishida, and Xi Chen*, Characterization of the compressive deformation behavior with strain rate effect of low-density polymeric foams. Polymer Testing, 2016, 50: 1-8.